Being a college student is not an easy job especially if you away from your home and pursuing a college degree in another city. You have to manage everything on your own like studies, food, exercise, etc. Some of the college students usually don’t want to eat from the restaurants all the time maybe because of the food quality or they can not afford restaurant food. At the same time, they find arduous to cook in their dorms due to the lack of time or resources but here we brought some of the easy recipes for college students which everyone can manage to cook in their off-campus kitchen.
So if you are a parent of a university student, we highly recommend you to suggest your children these easy healthy recipes for college students or if you are a student and looking for best simple recipes, we have mentioned some of the easy recipes for one college student below:
1.Potato and Chicken Casserole
- Leftover chicken chunks or frozen chunks
- 3-4 potatoes cut 1inch thick
- Milk 1cup
- Flour 2tbsp
- Salt and pepper
- Cheese 1 cup grated
- Garlic 2-3 cloves
- Oil as required
- In a pan heat the oil and add chopped garlic in it
- Sauté it for few minutes until fragrant
- Add the flour and mix well
- Keep on stirring it and add 1 cup of milk
- Keep mixing until the lumps are dissolved
- Season it with salt and pepper and let it reach to your desired consistency.
- Grease the pan with oil, place the potatoes evenly
- Pour some white sauce and cheese
- Again layer it with chicken and then with potatoes
- Pour on it the remaining white sauce and add grated cheese on it.
- You may garnish it with olives.
- Bake it for 450 degrees for 10mins
Enjoy and satisfy yourself with this easy chicken recipe for college students.
2. Potato baked pockets
- Small to mini-sized potatoes 5 to 6
- Eggs boiled 3-4
- Salt pepper for taste
- Paprika powder
- Cream cheese 2tbsp
- Boil the mini potatoes for about 15mins.
- Half boil them only
- Cut it into 2 halves
- With the help of scoop spoon, make a deep hollow and take out the center part
- The deeper the hole the more beautiful it will look.
- Mash the mixture of potato that was taken out.
- Season it with salt pepper and paprika powder.
- Mash the boil eggs and mix them together with potato mixture.
- Add the cream cheese and give it a gentle mix.
- Fill all the half cut the hallow potatoes with this mixture
- Bake them for 10mins and garnish it with some fresh parsley
New recipe for college students that can be prepared instantly and your children will love it. Children love potatoes. Give them these healthier versions of it and they will definitely crave for more.
3. Cake Pops
- Leftover cake slices or brownies
- Butter 500gm
- Chocolate 950 gm
- Heat the leftover cake or brownies for 10 seconds in the microwave and crumble it
- Melt 350 gm of butter and pour it in the crumbled mixture
- Mix well until they are formed in the form of dough
- Thread the strawberries or banana mini cuts onto the skewers
Cover them with cake mixture.
- Melt the chocolate on a double boiler add 150 gm butter into it.
- Let it rest at room temperature
- Dip the skewers in chocolate mixture
- Garnish it with crushed Oreos or sprinkles
- for a quick snack and lunch box item, it’s among one of the best recipes for college students.
Here are some mouth-watering recipes for vegetarian college students
4.Spinach and broccoli wraps
- Tortilla wraps as much u need
- Diced Broccoli half cup
- Spinach chopped 1cup
- Butter 2-3 tbsp.
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic mayo as per taste
- Warm the tortilla in the microwave in a damp towel for 15 seconds, or toss it on the pan for 5mins on low heat. This will make the tortilla much easier to fold.
- Heat butter in a pan
- Add the spinach and broccoli, season it with salt and pepper and Sautee it for 4-5mins
- Do not overcook it, Let them remain crunchy.
- Heat the tortillas in a pan
- Add the cooked vegetables in it
- Add sour cream or garlic mayo as per your taste
- Wrap them in the form of a burrito and wrap it in aluminum foil
A perfect meal to go for your children yet another simple and quick recipes for college students. These recipes are time-saving and do not require much of your effort and money.
5. Mini Cold Tuna and Sausages Cups
- Puff pastry 4 5 sheets
- Greek yogurt ½ cup
- Parsley 2tbsp
- Avocado 1 mashed
- Mustard a pinch
- Salt pepper for seasoning
- Sausages ½ cup finely chopped
- Cold tuna cuts
- Preheat your oven at 350 degree
- Dust your puff pastry with white flour
- Take a cookie cutter and cut circles out of it
- Make as many circles as much u want
- Now take a muffin tray
- We will use the back of the muffin tray
- Spray its back and place the circles around its round shape
- Prick it with a fork so it may not rise too much
- Place it in the oven and bake it for around 15mins or until they are golden brown
- Take it out of the oven and let them cool
- Take them off the muffin tray. Mini cups are formed
- For the mixture add sausages, chopped tuna salt, pepper, Greek yogurt, mustard and avocado
- Mix them properly and fill them in those mini cups
- Another healthy meal and a perfect item for lunchboxes
Mark it in your dairies these yummy best recipes for university students. The best way is to utilize the leftovers from the fridge and make variations out of it.