Instead of directly presenting you the recipes with Coconut Milk, We have written a bit on the history and the health benefits of Coconut Milk in the first few paragraphs which I recommend you to go through otherwise, you can scroll down to view the recipes using Coconut Milk. Coconut, a nut that grows on trees and mostly in the tropical islands and countries. The coconut tree as its own has many benefits. The wood is used for furniture, the leaves for rooftops and the fruit for eating and drinking its water. Coconut is a rich fruit with numerous benefits. The nut is covered with a hard covering shell, inside it has white flesh which can be used in any sweet and savory dishes. The older the coconut the more flesh it has which is good for making coconut milk, the younger the coconut, the more water it has. Coconut water is the natural water inside the coconut while the coconut is made from the coconut flesh. Coconut water is nor rich in fats but the coconut milk is full of fatty acids. The medical sciences have proven coconut a full nut of healthiness when consumed moderately. The coconut milk is used in varies curries and desserts. It’s an excellent milk alternative.
Health Benefits of Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is rich in fiber and vitamin C. It’s ideal for weight loss and has rich nutrients value. The fatty acids in coconut never lead you to bad cholesterol but are included in good cholesterol. The fats in coconut are the healthy fats that our body needs. it’s good for heart health also. The lauric acid found inside the coconut is extremely good to boost your immune system.
Best ways to consume it:
Different recipes with Coconut Milk will let you know the delicious ways to consume this god gifted nutritious nut.
How to make coconut milk at home?
Making coconut milk at home is an easy thing. Instead of buying coconut milk can from the market with preservatives, it’s better to make fresh coconut milk at home. All you need is coconut. please note that the coconut must not be a young coconut. Take a big old coconut that will have more flesh and will produce more coconut milk for you.
- Grate the fresh coconut
- 5 cups warm-hot water
- Soak the coconut in that water for 5 minutes until it gets a bit soft
- Now combine the coconut and water in a blender and blend it for 3minutes
- Take a large bowl and place nut milk bag on it’
- Pour the mixture and squeeze it with pressure with both hands, to get all the coconut milk out of it.
- Throw away the residue or dry it and use it as dry coconut flakes
- The extracted milk in pure coconut milk and can be stored in a bottle for 1 week.
Recipes with Coconut Milk
Coconut Milk Rice with Lemon and Cumin
All you need is:
- Rice 2 cups (uncooked basmati)
- Chicken broth 2 cups
- 1 and a ½
cupof coconut milk
- White cumin 1 tbsp.
- Black cumin 1 tbsp.
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Lemon juice 1tbsp
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Rinse rice under cold running water tab
- Wash them properly and soak them for about 15-25mins
- Add 2tbsp olive oil in a pressure cooker, add both the cumin and stir it for 2-3minutes until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, chicken broth lemon juice
- Set the pressure cooker to quick white rice settings
- Let it whistle and let it rest for 5 minutes until steam is gone
- Take out in a rice dish and garnish it will freshly chop cilantro
- Another heart filled recipe with coconut milk for your families
Coconut and Vanilla Milk Cocktail
Coconut cocktails are among the yummilicious drinks in the bar and parties. A refreshing drink that gives you a cool vibe is yet among one of the best coconut milk recipes
For a cool coconut and vanilla milk cocktail all you need is:
- 1-ounce dark rum
- 2-ounce coconut milk
- Vanilla extract 1tsp.
- A pinch of vanilla bean
- 1 cup vanilla ice-cream
- Gather all ingredients
- Pour them in a blender
- Give it an ice blend until all ingredients are well combined
- In a hurricane glass, dip the glass boundary in sugar sip and then coat it with desiccated coconut
- Now pour in the cocktail. serve and enjoy!
- If you’ve a leftover drink, place it an airtight container and freeze it until next use. (within 24 hours)
Sweet potato Coconut Curry Soup
When you look for recipes with coconut milk, soups and broths are the highlights where the coconut milk is being used widely. We have a unique recipe for you that full of nutritious values, a great soup to start your meal.
- Sweet potatoes 2-3
- lite coconut milk 250ml
- Boiled white rice 1 cup
- brown sugar 1 tsp.
- chicken broth 3 cups
- curry powder ½ tbsp.
- garam masala ½ tsp.
- cayenne pepper ½ tsp.
- salt to taste
- garlic chopped 3 cloves
- cilantro for garnish
- Boil the sweet potatoes in a boiler, to fully done and tender
- Remove them from the boiler, let it cool and peel their skin off
- Take a large pot to add the coconut milk and chicken broth on a medium-low flame and let it simmer
- Add the chopped garlic and chop the sweet potatoes into medium square
- Add it in the pot
- Take a hand blender and blend it into a fine texture or the way you want
- Add all the spices and keep mixing it with a wooden spoon
- Now add the boiled rice to it and adjust its thickness with the more or less chicken broth
- Let it cook on low flame until all the spices are well combined
- Keep stirring it for 15minutes on very low flame
- Serve it on with some garlic bread and garnish it with cilantro
- A great starter of the eve with this mouth bursting flavorful sweet potatoes and coconut milk soup delight
Pull-Apart Chicken cooked in coconut milk
Pull apart chicken is another famous recipe cooked with coconut milk. The tender thigh pieces when slow cooked in coconut milk will ooze out with bursting flavors. The only way to achieve the same taste is its cooking time. it needs to be cooked on low flame for hours to have the same look and we swear the fingers will be licked after you are done. It’s a simple recipe with less ingredients. The juices and the fats of the chicken will let the chicken cook and burst into flavors. For best results use the fatty parts of the chicken i.e. thighs and legs. Let’s begin with the recipe
- 4lbs. chicken thighs or legs
- Salted butter 2tbsp
- Garlic cloves 3-4
- Salt pepper
- Paprika powder 1 tsp.
- Lemon outer skin 1inch.
- Lemon juice 1tsp.
- Fresh curry leaves 3-4
- 1 cup 300ml coconut milk
- In a frying pan, heat the butter in it and add the garlic cloves to it
- Keep it on high flame until the cloves are fragrant
- When the heat starts coming out of pan add the thigh fillets in it and cook for 2minutes each on the side to get a nice golden color on both sides
- In a low cooker add the thighs and the remaining juices, lemon slice and spices and add the coconut milk to it
- Slow cook it for about 6-8 hours. keep checking it in between. Add some coconut milk if it dries up quickly
- Keep the flame to lowest and cover it with the lid
- Take it out carefully as it may fall apart
- Place it over the bed of mashed potatoes or serve it itch the coconut cooled slaw
- A perfect feast at your dining for your loved ones.
- 1/2 green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 purple cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Coconut milk
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2tsp. black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. American garden salad dressing (you can take any)
Pour all the ingredients in the bowl and toss it gently. Serve it along the pull-apart coconut milk chicken