Pizza is an all-time favorite meal of kids, youth and elder people. Who’s the one who never gets any cravings for pizza? Everyone have so. Debate on what kind of pizza is best has a long chain. What so ever shape or size or look we all love it the way it is. In this world where foodies live up their life to the fullest, they have different thoughts about the crust of pizza. Either it’s a deep dish, thick crust or a thin crust the cheese strings and the toppings or baked in a brick oven or the electric grill one, it’s a beauty that we behold.
Thin crust pizza, a dough rolled in form of a thin sheet, was basically originated from Italy but people think that its origin was from Chicago. People in Italy loved to have thin crust brick oven pizza. Now people from all the over endorse the taste of thin crust as you can have the real taste of toppings then. The deep crust was originated from Chicago but the thin crust belongs from Italy. The thin crust usually takes less time to bake as its dough is thin and crisp from the edges. Yet Chicago makes best thin crust pizzas as well.
Thin crust pizza tastes totally different from the other kind of pizzas. Thin crust pizza dough recipe is a trick that needs to be given proper attention to get the real authentic taste of Rome at your home.
The dough of thin crust pizza is the main pillar and holds the real taste. The toppings of it are usually light and are easy to digest. Thin crust pizza can be turned out into different healthier versions as well.
In the early years, the flatbread and thin crust were somehow the same. They used a thin sheet of dough with some oil, herbs and their seasonings. The difference between a flatbread and a thin crust pizza was a bit debatable but people concluded on the fact that the flatbread is even more thinner and crispier with a crumbly texture.
Some people say that another big difference between a pizza and a flatbread is the yeast. Yeast is added as the main ingredient in the preparation of dough while the flatbread is made without it.
For yummy thin crust pizza dough recipe, the ingredients are very much important. But another key thing is the preparation process and its timings. A little change in any of the above-mentioned things may not lead you to a perfect thin crust pizza.
- Instant yeast (7gm/1 sachet/2tsp.)
- Salt 1tbsp
- Flour 3cups (750gm)
- Water 1cup (250ml) Luke warm
- Sugar 1tsp.
- For a crisp thin crust pizza dough recipe, you need to be careful with the preparation time.
- Preheat the oven at 250 degrees
- In a bowl add the instant yeast and sugar and add 5-6tbsp of water. Mix it and leave it for 5mins or until foamy.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the salt.
- Call your children to help you with making pizza for them
- Add the yeast mixture and mix it with the flour
- Gradually add water and keep mixing the dough with your both hands
- Keep mixing it until the mixture is sticky and soft
- Take out the dough and place it on a surface, dust it with some flour and now knead it for 5-6minutes
- Until well-formed
- Now place the dough in a deep open bowl and cover it with a damp towel
- For perfect thin crust pizza dough recipe, cover it with a damp towel and let it rest for 5 minutes in summers and 7-8minutes in winters.
- Now roll it into a thin sheet
- Grease the pan with olive oil, place the pizza dough on it
Top it with your favorite toppings and bake it in the oven